The Botanical Garden of the University of Latvia on the occasion of its 100th anniversary are delighted to invite you to participate in the conference “Living plant collections in the 21st century”. It is devoted to living plant collections – their purposes, outcomes and problems. The objective of the conference is to provide an opportunity to discover and share information about collections in order to contribute their efficiency in biodiversity conservation, research and increase of public awareness.
Participation: in person or virtual.
Link for online participation on June 9th: https://bbb.lu.lv/b/kar-xz8-exi-9fn
Official language: English.
- oral in person,
- oral live virtual,
- poster paper A0,
- e-poster + 3 min recorded oral comments.
- Living plant collections’ mission, goals and policies;
- Plant collections, their development, maintenance, collections documentation;
- Collection of species, endangered species, conservation of biological diversity ex situ and in situ;
- Collection of useful plants for food, agriculture, horticulture, forestry, ecological purposes;
- Risks of plant introduction and biosafety management challenge (pests, diseases, invasive species, hybridization etc. );
- In vitro collections, tissue cultures application and research;
- Research in institutions hosting living plant collections;
- Exchange of plant genetic resources between collections;
- Plant expositions planning and creation, reconstruction, landscape development in public collection gardens;
- Plant collections for rising of public awareness on biodiversity.
Call for Abstracts: please see attached pdf file CALL FOR ABSTRACTS below.
Abstract Book is prepared by the Botanical Garden of the University of Latvia.
- Abstract submission deadline – May 11, 2022
- Abststract notification – May 16, 2022
- Registration until - May 23, 2022: 1) for all participants with presentations, 2) for in person participants without presentations
- For virtual presenters - after abstract acceptence and registration presentations the upload links for the presentations will be sent to the presenters. Presentation upload deadline June 6, 2022: 1) e-poster + recorded 3 min oral comments, 2) MS PowerPoint presentation of live virtual oral presentation (for a backup solution in case the screen sharing fails; please do not send recorded oral presentations). Please sroll down and read the guidelines of the presentation preparation.
- Payment deadline – June 5, 2022
Virtual participants with presentations and all in person participants is required to register:
- fee for in person participant - 50 eur,
- fee for virtual participant with presentation - 20 eur.
Please follow the information! Updating continues - scroll down and read the attachments.
Due to unforseen circumstances/pandemic the organizers can adjust the course of the conference. If for reasons related to Covid-19 regulation, you could not be present, facilities are offered to switch from physical to virtual presentation.